Wednesday, October 18, 2006

 

Not in the Best Place

You ever hear people say, "I'm not in the best place right now to do this or that?" Well, that's where I am. I'm not in the best place to work on SpiritWorld.info right now. I'm in a highly transitional place where I am learning to cope with a new operating system in a new computer while I'm trying to switch over to completely new domains at a completely different web host.

Why am I doing all of this? I'm doing all of this to try and serve you better. I have been allowing developing technology to slip through my fingers while my present Windows operating system became orphaned and my present computer became too slow to cope with today's servers. I also learned that my present webhost was not serving up the webpages the way they were meant to be served - if at all. These tragic events, in turn, caused my traffic to almost grind to a halt.

Unfortunately, the transition is no where near being smooth, so This road I'm on is pretty rocky. I can understand those people who say, "I'm not in the best place right now..." By the same token, I have to remember that most of us are loaded down with petty inconveniences every day. We have to remember our priorities. I also worry about my relatives in Louisiana and Hawaii since both places have been hit with disasters.

It's that sort of thinking that makes me feel helpless at times. I can't help but wonder if that's how most people feel because they have forgotten their spiritual origins. I wonder if people are not in the best place because that's where they want to be...

I remember arguing with my brother in law years ago that I don't need a computer; that if I did get a computer it would be nothing but headaches and heart ache. Then I kept landing these jobs where I had to use a computer and my life took a very sedentary turn. I would have preferred to be a martial arts instructor or a traditional chinese medicine practitioner. Those jobs require very little use of a PC. I probably could have hired my own webmaster/IT technician.

As it turns out, one sorry, crappy, tragic event after another kept hitting me and my family and I only had enough money left to buy a PC.

My parents are kind of like my old PC; they're antiquated. They communicate very slowly. Their memories are short in comparison to younger PC's. I think it's very sad that I spent my time with this old PC rather than my parents. I had a feeling this would happen. I feel it's more important to learn how people work.

Spending so much time with a soulless machine and learning how it works is very depressing. It almost induces a kind of cathexis. Is this what happens to kids when they spend so much time at the PC? Do they stop caring?

I remember when my only nephew was always at the PC; then, at certain point, he stopped caring about what his own family had to say while he spent more and more time with evil people.

I am not in the best place because of what happened to my nephew. I will try to discuss this at a later post.

Thank you for your patience,

Randolph

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?